Teacher: Mrs Maureen Bartlett
Nursery Nurse: Nicola Darvill
Support Staff: Ifeoma Onuoha
Welcome to the Nursery!
Nursery is the starting point for your child to begin their education. This is an exciting time for them where they will get to develop their independence and explore and understand the world in which they live.
Over the course of the year we intend to give your child as many experiences as possible where they will be learning through play.
Some of the topics we aim to cover are:
It’s good to be me
The great outdoors
Please be aware that these topics are subject to change as we follow the children’s needs and interests as closely as possible through ‘Planning in the Moment’. Examples of this can be seen on the Nursery notice board.
At Nursery we have celebrated the birthday of A.A. Milne. The author who created Winnie the Pooh. We celebrated by bringing our teddies to school.
We also raised money for the homeless by donating a pound and wearing our pyjamas to school.
How to help your child at home
- Encourage your child to take turns and share
- To dress themselves
- Use the toilet and wash hands.
- Talk to your child about what they see around them and what they like and dislike.
- Share picture books [ there are some great books at the library]
- Help your child to count by counting toys, looking at numbers in the environment